PO BOX 13932
SILVER SPRING, MD 20911
Real Estate Glossary
Our glossary is the largest dictionary of real estate and construction terms on the Internet with almost 10,000 definitions.
- Tube Axial Fan
- A fan mounted inside a section of ductwork. The fan is the maximum size that can fit in the ductwork.
- Tube Steel
- Hollow lengths of steel used as structural components. Tube steel sections can be cylindrical or rectangular in shape.
- Hollow length of cylindrical material used for containing and transporting various fluids. Also refers to cylindrical piping used to house and protect electrical lines.
- Tubing Cutter
- A tool with two rollers and a blade, used to cut sections of tubing. The tubing is placed between the rollers and the cutter is rotated to cut the material.
- Tubing Joints
- Ells, tees, elbows, and other fittings designed to join sections of tubing.
- The removal of old mortar from between bricks and replacement with new mortar.
- An English-style imposing looking house with fortress lines. Siding is chiefly stone and brick with some stucco and half timbers. Windows and doors have molded cement or stone trim around them.
- Tudor Arch
- Also called Gothic, parabolic, or semicircular arches, They are arches which have a span of more than six feet with a rise-to-span ratio in excess of 0.15, having a load capacity of 1,000 pounds per foot.
- Tung Oil
- Also called Japanese wood oil or China wood oil, this drying oil is taken from the seed kernels of the Tung tree and is used in making wood finishes.
- A metallic element frequently used in alloys. Atomic number 74; atomic symbol W.
- Tungsten Carbide
- A hard material used to manufacture sandpaper and saw blades. Turbine Wheels on a shaft that are turned by water or steam to generate power for a motor or device.
- An electrical generation system powered by a turbine.
- Shaping materials using a lathe.
- Turning Point
- A changed location for a surveying instrument during a survey.
- Turnkey Project
- A development in which a developer completes the entire project on behalf of a buyer. The developer turns over the keys to the buyer at completion. All the new tenant or owner has to do is "turn the key" to the apartment or office in a newly constructed building because everything is completed and ready for occupancy.
- Turnaround Property
- A deteriorated property that can be restored and sold for a gain.
- Movement for change of people, such as tenants. The sale of one average real estate inventory item within a specified time.
- Paint thinner manufactured from pine oil, used to thin oil based paints.
- A spiral disfigurement or warping in a section of lumber.
- Two-man Saw
- A long bladed saw with a handle at each end. Used for cutting down large trees.
- Two-to-four-family Property
- A piece of property that maybe owned by only one person but provides housing for up to four households.
- Two-step Mortgage
- Adjustable mortgage with one interest rate for the first five or seven years of the loan and another for the remained of the loan term.
- Two-wire System
- An electrical system with one hot and one neutral lead, sufficient for provide 120-volt service.
- Type of Use
- Stipulation in a contract on how property can or cannot be used.
- Type-X Gypsum Wallboard
- Fire-resistant wallboard manufactured by adding fiberglass. Used between garages and living areas and other areas where additional fire protection is desired or required by code.